Chicken Livers and Pasta Recipe with Bacon and Fresh Herbs
Served with pasta shells like conchiglie, or anither interesting pasta shape like Ricciolini, this chicken livers and pasta recipe makes a quick satisfying supper dish. This a simple chicken recipe that combines bacon and fresh herbs with chicken livers and is moistened with the tomatoes.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
No. of servings: 4
- 250g (9 ounces) chicken livers, washed and trimmed
- 120g (4 ounces) rindless streaky bacon diced
- 4 small tomatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 150ml (¼ pint) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 50g (2 ounces) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300g (11 ounces) dried pasta shells
Some chopped flat leaf parsley
- Start cooking the pasta according to the package instructions while continuing with the rest of the recipe.
- Heat half the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the bacon and fry gently until done but not crisp.
- Add the chicken livers, half of the sage, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fry for about 5 minutes, stirring often until the chicken livers have changed colour all over.
- Add the wine to the pan. Allow the pan juices to be incorporated.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan.
- Once the additional butter has melted, add the diced tomatoes, rest of the sage and the parsley.
- Stir well and adjust the seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and tip into a warmed serving platter.
- Add the sauce, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes form Chicken Livers and Pasta Recipe with Bacon and Herbs
Return To Chicken Recipes Central Home