Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This meal-in-one chicken noodle soup recipe combines the tastes of coconut, lime, ginger and lemon grass to tantalise the palate. I normally do not like mushrooms, but combined with all the exotic flavours here they are simply delicious.
Preparation Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
No. Of Servings: 4 – 6
- 400g (14 oz) chicken (e.g. skinless boneless chicken breasts) cut into thin strips
- 200g (7 oz) pak choy sliced
- 175g (6 oz) fresh baby corn cobs sliced length ways
- 150g (5oz) small button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1.5l (2¼ pints) chicken stock
- 400ml (1 pint) (one can) light coconut milk
- 150g (5 oz) instant thin rice noodles (or Japanese Udon noodles)
- 1 lime, zest grated and juiced
- 2 lemon grass stalks buised
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger crushed
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Spring onions thinly sliced
Fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a deep saucepan and gently fry the chicken until just done.
- Add the stock, lemon grass, ginger, chilli (if used), and garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, coconut milk, baby corn and mushrooms and bring back to the boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until the noodles are just done.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice and pak choy and simmer for about 2 minutes. The pak choy must not be over-cooked, only wilted.
- Remove the lemon grass stalks. Garnish with the spring onions and coriander and serve.
Return to Chicken Soup Recipes from Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Return To Chicken Recipes Central Home