Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
A crunchy and rich chicken parmesan recipe that can be enjoyed hot or cold. Although it requires time both for chilling and baking in the oven, it is an easy chicken recipe to make.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Chilling time: 1 hour
No. of servings: 4
Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4)
- 4 skinless chicken portions
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 6 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs or
3 tablespoons wheat germ and 3 tablespoons oat bran mixed together
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the breadcrumbs or wheat germ and oat bran together with the Parmesan cheese and mixed herbs.
- Beat the egg, mustard and salt and pepper together.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and then coat with the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken in the crumb mixture, pressing it down to make it stick.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the butter and brush some of it on the inside of an overproof dish.
- Arrange the chicken in the dish.
- Sprinkle the grated Cheddar cheese over and drizzle with the remaining butter.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot or cold.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home