Leftover Chicken Recipe - Chicken and Spicy Sausage Pasta
This leftover chicken recipe is so tasty, nobody will know that you are using up the leftovers.
This is based on a dish my friend Tracey made for a dinner party at her house. (Although I am quite sure she didn't use leftover chicken!) It was just before the birth of her son and being heavily pregnant, dinner had to be something simple in case we had to rush off to the hospital!
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
No. of servings: 4
- 400g (14 ounces) skinless cooked leftover chicken
- 125g (4 ounces) spicy sausage (like chorizo) thinly sliced
- 400g (14 ounces) conchiglie (pasta shells)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper cored and seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper cored and seeded and chopped
- ¼ - ½ cup French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley leaves roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking make the rest of the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan.
- Add the onions and gently fry until they are transparent.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken.
- Add the French salad dressing, cover the pan and steam for a few minutes.
- Drain the pasta and tip it into a warmed serving bowl. Add the contents of the saucepan, including the sauce formed in the pan.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Leftover Chicken Recipe - Chicken and Spicy Sausage Pasta
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home