Chicken and Pasta Recipe with Broccoli and Cheese
In this chicken and pasta recipe the combination of broccoli, garlic and Gorgonzola compliments the chicken. With its rich and creamy taste, this simple chicken recipe is real comfort food. A quick and easy chicken recipe to prepare making it possible to have supper on the table in less than 30 minutes. Penne is a good pasta choice for this dish, but also try fusilli or gemelli.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
No. of servings: 4
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 115g (4 ounces) broccoli broken into small florets
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 125 ml (4 fluid ounces) dry white wine
- 200ml (7 fluid ounces) double cream
- 50g (2 ounces) butter
- 90g (3½ ounces) Gorgonzola cheese, rind removed and cut into small blocks
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 400g (14 ounces) dried penne
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Start cooking the pasta according to the package instruction while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Steam the broccoli for 2 minutes, refresh under cold running water and leave to drain in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken and garlic and gently fry until the chicken is just done.
- Add the wine and cream. Stir and simmer until the sauce has thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broccoli, ensuring that it is coated with sauce and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and tip into a heated serving bowl. Add the sauce and Gorgonzola. Toss well.
- Grate some parmesan over the top and serve.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Chicken and Pasta Recipe with Broccoli and Cheese
Return To Chicken Recipes Central Home