Chicken and Pasta Recipe with Salami and Cherry Tomatoes
This super easy chicken and pasta recipe combines chicken and salami with cherry tomatoes. This simple chicken recipe looks extra yummy if you serve it with farfalle (pasta bows) and a bit of fresh rosemary sprinkled on top creates a good contrast with the red cherry tomatoes. Serve it with a tossed green salad for a healthy balanced meal.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
No. of servings: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size chunks
- 90g (3½ ounces) Italian Salami diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 400g (14 ounces) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of crushed dried red chillies
- salt and ground black pepper
- 275g (10 ounces) dried farfalle pasta (pasta bows)
A few fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Start cooking the pasta according to the package instructions, while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Combine the chicken, wine, balsamic vinegar, half the chopped rosemary and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and set aside to marinade for 5 minutes while continuing with the rest of the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions and salami and gently fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, wine and vinegar mix to the pan. Fry until the chicken is just cooked.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and dried chillies. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Combine the sauce with the drained pasta in a serving platter. Scatter the remaining chopped rosemary over and garnish with rosemary sprigs. Serve.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Chicken and Pasta Recipe with Salami and Cherry Tomatoes
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home