Chicken Casserole Recipe with 20 Cloves of Garlic
The amount of garlic in this chicken casserole recipe might seem excessive, but they are blanched
which mellows the favour. With the rich and creamy sauce and good flavour this casserole
is ideal for cold winter evenings when the soul needs a bit of a lift.
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking time: 1½ hours
Pre-heat oven to : 160°C (325°F, gas mark 3)
No. of servings: 4 - 6
- 8 chicken thighs
- 20 cloves of garlic peeled and blanched
- 300 ml ( 10 fluid ounces) dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cream
- 50g (1½ ounces) butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a lidded casserole and add the olive oil.
- Gently brown the chicken in batches.
- Place all the browned chicken pieces in the casserole, add the wine and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Seal the casserole lid with either four layers of wax paper folded under the lid, or by mixing
¼ cup flour to a paste with a little water and using the paste to seal the lid.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven or 1 hour or until tender.
- Add the cream.
- Bake uncovered (or simmer on the stove top) for another 30 minutes until the sauce has reduced
- Adjust the seasoning, garnish with the parsley and serve.
Return to Casserole Recipes from Chicken Casserole Recipe with 20 Cloves of Garlic
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home