Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe
This cream of chicken soup recipe is used at the kids' school for St. John festival. We celebrate St. John's in the southern hemiphere at the winter soltice and Jack Frost never fails to show his icy heart. People gather round the big bon fire with steaming cups of soup. I can think of nothing more heart-warming than this soup.
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
No. of Servings: 4-6.
- 250g (8 oz.) chicken (e.g. skinless boneless chicken breasts) chopped into small pieces.
- 1 bunch of spring onions chopped.
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1.5l (2 ¼ pints) chicken stock.
- 200ml cream.
- salt and pepper to taste.
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Return to Chicken Soup Recipes
- Heat about 1 tbls of the oil in a deep saucepan, add the chicken and fry gently until just done.
- Add the spring onions (and a bit more oil if needed) and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and spring onions from the saucepan and reserve.
- Add the stock and the potatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Mash the potatoes in the saucepan with a potato masher.
- Return the chicken and spring onions to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream.
- Garnish with the chopped chives and serve.
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home