Chicken Soup Recipe with Pumpkin
This chicken soup recipe is flavoured with eastern spices and the pumpkin gives it a wonderful golden colour. Spice it up even more by increasing the amount of pepper and chilli you add. I love the smell of this soup as it simmers away and it is substantial and nutritious as well.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
No. of servings: 4
- 100g (3 oz) chicken (e.g. skinless boneless chicken breasts) chopped into small pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 150g (5 oz) pumpkin or butternut cut into small cubes
- 1 large tomato skinned and chopped
- 1 litre (1 ¾ pint) chicken stock
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger peeled and pounded
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika or chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
Fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
Return to Chicken Soup Recipes
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until soft.
- Add the chicken and fry until just done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve.
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home