Chicken Stew Recipe with Garden Vegetables and Cider
A colourful and flavoursome chicken stew recipe. The cider adds an unusual twist that combines well with the flavours of the bay and oreganum.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
No. of servings: 4
- 500g of boneless chicken (e.g. chicken thigh fillets) diced
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped into chunks
- 150g (5 ounces) button mushrooms, halved
- 3 baby marrows cut into chunks
- 2⁄3 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups dry alcoholic cider
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh origanum or ½ tablespoon dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and toss the chicken in the mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a deep saucepan and gently fry the chicken stirring often for about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and the onions, lower the heat and fry for about 5 minutes until the onions are golden.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, bay leaf, origanum and cider. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the baby marrows and sweet corn and simmer for 20 minutes more.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve with some steamed rice.
Return to Stew Recipes from Chicken Stew Recipe with Garden vegetables and Cider
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home