Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe with Cashew Nuts
This is a delicious chicken stir-fry recipe. The ginger and garlic provide the essentail flavour and aroma for this simple chicken recipe. The cashew nuts add some crunchy variety and then you have a slight tang from the pineapple. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
No. of servings: 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thinly slices
- 1 tin, 410g (14 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 100g (3 ounces) unslated cashew nut split in half
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 1½ tablespoons corn flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 60ml (3 fluid ounces) sunflower oil
- salt and peper
- Season half the corn flour with salt and pepper and dredge the sliced chicken in the mixture.
- Drain the tinned pineapple and reserve the juice.
- Mix the remaining corn flour with the reserved pineapple juice, sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, sherry and Hoisin sauce.
- Heat half the sunflower oil in a wok or pan.
- Add the cashew nuts and stir fry until golden.
- Drain the nuts on paper towels and reserve.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the wok.
- Stir fry the pineapple until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add the sauce and cook until it thickens.
- Add the chicken and cashew nuts and stir fry for 1 minute.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe with Cashew Nuts
Return to Chicken Stir Fry Recipes from Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with Cashew Nuts
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home