Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe with Satay Sauce
This colourful chicken stir-fry recipe tastes as good as it looks. The fresh coriander and lemon cuts through the usual richness of the satay sauce. With this simple chicken recipe you can have an exotic meal on the table in under 40 minutes. Emphasise the striking warm colours of this dish by serving it on top of a bed of white steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min
No. of servings: 4
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 175g (6 ounces) button mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 60ml (2½ fluid ounces) smooth peanut butter
- 80 ml (3 fluid ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- To make the satay sauce, whisk the peanut butter, coconut milk, stock, lemon zest and lemon juice together until blended. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan and add the garlic and chillies and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and five spice powder and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is just done.
- Add the red pepper, carrots and mushrooms and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the wok and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and
the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe with Satay Sauce
Return to Chicken Stir Fry Recipes from Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with Satay Sauce
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home