Leftover Chicken Recipe - Chicken Avocado and Alfalfa Sprout Sandwich
Use this leftover chicken recipe to make really yummy sandwiches. The creamy avocado is packed with healthy unsaturated fats and together with the chicken, tomato, red onion and alfalfa sprouts it turns an ordinary chicken sarmie into something special.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking time: 0 min
No. of servings: 4
- 200g (7 ounces) leftover chicken, sliced
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 1 avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- a dash of Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of bread
- Toast one side of each slice of bread.
- Mash the avocado. Stir in the lime juice and coriander.
- Spread each slice of bread first with the mayonnaise and then with the avocado.
- Add the onion, chicken, sprouts and tomato to the bottom slice of each sandwich.
- Put sandwiches together, cut and serve immediately.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Leftover Chicken Recipe - Chicken Avocado and Alfalfa Sprout Sandwich
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home