Orange Chicken Recipe - Mike’s Orange Chicken Supreme
I asked my husband to create an orange chicken recipe for my site. He loves cooking so he was
very happy doing this. This is his recipe and it has become a family favourite.
If you have never tried to flambé something this might just be the time to try your hand at it.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
No. of servings: 4
Marinating time: At least 1 hour
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- juice of ½ a lemon
- juice of 1 orange
- ½ cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons thick cream
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
A few thin slices of fresh orange
- Mix together the lemon juice, thyme and garlic.
- Put the chicken into a suitable bowl and pour over the mixture. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge
for at least an hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan and gently fry the onions until soft. Remove and reserve.
- Add the chicken and a bit more oil if needed. Gently fry the chicken until just done (about 5 minutes per side).
- Return the onion to the pan.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat the bandy in a separate saucepan until warm, but do not boil.
- Add the brandy to the chicken, set it a light and wait for the flame to extinguish itself.
Apply common sense safety rules when doing this.
- Return to the heat.
- Add the orange juice and sugar and gently simmer until the sauce has reduced by half.
- Add the cream, season with salt and pepper, heat through but do not boil.
- Transfer the chicken to a warmed serving platter and pour the sauce over.
- Garnish with orange slices and serve immediately.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Orange Chicken Recipe - Mike’s Orange Chicken Supreme
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home