Parmesan Chicken Recipe with Ratatouille
This is a quick parmesan chicken recipe with a ratatouille sauce. There are two secrets to this recipe:
- The vegetables must be very thinly sliced so that they can cook fast.
- The chicken must be slightly moist so that the parmesan cheese sticks to the chicken
This quick and easy chicken recipes is done in under 40 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
No. of servings: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 baby marrows sliced very thinly
- 1 red pepper cored, seeded and sliced very thinly
- 1 aubergine quartered and very thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 410g (14 ounces) tin of chopped tomatoes
- 60g (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
A few fresh basil sprigs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onions until transparent.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander, season with salt and pepper, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes while preparing the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the Parmesan cheese on a plate and coat the chicken breasts with the cheese.
Press the cheese onto the moist chicken breasts.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Fry the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side until golden and crusty and they are cooked through.
- Add the basil to the ratatouille.
- Place the chicken on serving plates, spoon the ratatouille over and garnish with sprigs of basil.
Original Recipe from Sara Buenfeld's “Home from Work Suppers”
Return to Simple Chicken Recipes from Parmesan Chicken Recipe with Ratatouille
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home