Simple Chicken Recipe - Saltimbocca
This simple chicken recipe is so delicious that, as the meaning of the Italian word indicates,
they could easily “jump into the mouth”.
Traditionally saltimbocca is made with veal, but this chicken version does itself proud. Follow this easy chicken recipe to see how to make chicken saltimbocca.
The combination of sage, prosciutto and chicken thigh fillets
is rounded of by deglazing the pan with wine. You can also use Marsala wine to deglaze the pan which will give an
interesting variation on this recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
No. of servings: 4
Ingredients for Chicken Saltimbocca
- 10 small chicken thigh fillets
- 250g (½ pound) thinly sliced prosciutto or streaky bacon
- 10 whole sage leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh sage roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
Fresh sage leaves roughly chopped
How to make Chicken Saltimbocca
- Place the chicken thighs between 2 sheets of wax paper. Use a rolling pin and flatten them by gently pounding the thicker parts.
- Sprinkle the inside part of each chicken thigh fillet with pepper and a little salt. (The prosciutto can be quite salty so take care.)
- Place one sage leaf and a piece of prosciutto on each fillet.
- Roll up each chicken thigh fillet and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place the butter and oil in a big saucepan and heat gently.
- Once the butter and oil mixture starts bubbling add the chicken and sauté on all sides until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Add the wine to the pan, shake and stir to deglaze.
- Sprinkle with the chopped sage and serve immediately.
Return To Chicken Recipes that are Simple from Simple Chicken Recipe - Saltimbocca
Return to Chicken Recipes Central Home