Simple Roast Chicken Recipe - Breasts with Vegetables
This simple roast chicken recipe is wonderfully colourful and the combination of olive oil, rosemary and garlic enhances the fabulous flavour. This is a complete meal-in-one roast chicken recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 1 hour
No. of Servings: 4
Pre-heat oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion peeled and cut into quarters and the layers separated
- 1 red pepper cored seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper cored seeded and cut into chunks
- 3 whole garlic cloves peeled
- 3 baby marrows cut into chunks
- 250g (8 ounces) baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 small eggplant cut into chucnks
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
A few sprigs of rosemary
- Put all the vegetables and chopped rosemary in a shallow roasting tin. For the vegetables to roast properly, the tin must be big enough so that they are in a thin layer, allowing the moisture to evaporate and not letting the vegetables steam in their own juices.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir around to coat the vegetables in the oil, rosemary and seasoning.
- Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Add the chicken breasts and a bit more seasoning.
- Roast for 15 minutes, turning the chicken breasts once.
- Put the chicken in a serving platter and keep warm.
- Put the tin on top of the stove over moderate heat, add the wine to the vegetables and stir to deglaze the tin.
- Spoon the vegetables over the chicken, garnish with the rosemary sprigs and serve.
Return to Simple Chicken Recipe from Simple Roast Chicken Recipe - Breasts with Vegetables
Return to Roast Chicken Recipes
Return To Chicken Recipes Central Home